Coffeyville Regional Medical Center
Core Site assignments are for year three only. Clerkship placement during year four is based solely on the site’s availability and approval. Students must follow the scheduling protocols outlined by the location and the Clinical Education Guidelines.
Coffeyville Regional Medical Center (CRMC) is a 501(c)3 municipal, non-profit hospital licensed for 47 beds, located in Southeast Kansas. On an annual basis, we serve more than 45,000 patients from Montgomery, Chautauqua, Labette, Allen, Neosho and Wilson counties in Kansas, as well as Nowata and Craig counties in Oklahoma. Established in 1949, CRMC has grown over the years and expanded its facilities and technology to stay current with today’s world. Our mission is to serve our patients and families with the highest quality health care.
- KCU College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Total Beds - 47
- Admissions - 2,500
- ER Visits - 10,000
- Outpatient Visits - 34,845
- Births - 300
- Inpatient Surgery - 422
- Outpatient Surgery - 1,416
- DOs on Staff - 3
- MDs on Staff - 13
- Behavioral Health (1 month) - Outpatient
- Child and Adolescent Health (1 month) - Outpatient
- Family Medicine (1 month) - Outpatient
- Internal Medicine (2 months) - Inpatient/Outpatient
- Surgery (2 months) - Inpatient/Outpatient
- Women's Health (1 month) - Inpatient/Outpatient
This site schedules clinical experiences in four-week increments.
These are clinical experiences completed in addition to the third-year core clerkships. The student may have some ability to choose from a list of available selective clerkships. The Core Site determines the selective clerkships available based on the resources at the Core Site. If applicable, selective opportunities will be communicated to students at the core site’s discretion after the match.
Selective clerkship opportunities are not available away from the Core Site during the third year. Exceptions to this policy may occur for students officially enrolled in the Military and Global Health Tracks or completing third-year selective(s) away from the Core Site as part of the Specialty Track requirements.
Nearby/Non-Affiliated Residency Information
Freeman Health System - Joplin, MO
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
Via Christi Hospitals Inc - Wichita, KS
- Family Medicine
Resources & Benefits
- Facility Resources: Students will have access to the computers, internet, lounge, medical library, medical records, phones and printers while on duty at the hospital - fitness center access is also available at the hospital 24 hours a day
- Meal Benefits: Meals provided to students while on duty
- Visiting Student Housing: Housing is available for visiting third-year and fourth-year students on a first come, first served basis
Duties & Opportunities
- Student Duties: Students are required to participate in daily rounds and weekend rounds as assigned by the site, preceptor or service
- Didactics: Students are required to participate in daily reading as assigned
- OMT/OPP Opportunities: Students are required to participate in OMT/OPP labs on the KCU Joplin Campus
Unique Site Characteristics
- Background check and drug screen required annually
- BLS and ACLS certifications must be current
- Global Track and Military Track students must communicate third-year obligations to core site as soon as the Clerkship Site Match is finalized
- Orientation provided on the first day of the clerkship
- PALS certification required for fourth year
- TB screening required annually (only two-step skin test or blood test accepted)
- Travel required to meet third-year residency clerkship requirement
Once the Clerkship Site Match is finalized for your class, KCU Clinical Education will notify students when contacting clerkship sites directly is permitted.
- Contact Clinical Education
- Core Site Contact: Sandi Beree
- Director of Medical Education: Shravan Gangula, MD