Master of Science of Biomedical Sciences Admission Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Competitive GPA
- 3.0 science and cumulative GPAs
- While KCU likes to see a 3.0 GPA, applicants with lower GPAs who show an upward trend throughout their academic careers will be reviewed. Additionally, science grades are looked at closely as the science GPA can be predictive of success in the COB program.
- Optional: Competitive test scores
- Test scores are optional for admission to the COB program. If applicants are planning to apply to professional or other Ph.D. programs during or after the COB program, they should plan to complete the corresponding test prior to starting the COB program or during the summer after COB graduation for the best chance of optimal performance.
- Examples of competitive test scores:
- 495 MCAT
- (Scores are accepted three years prior to entry, i.e., for Fall 2023 entry scores need to be May 2020 or later. All scores need to be the new MCAT scores.)
- 150 on each section for GRE; 4.0 writing score
- 17 DAT
- For other test types, please contact the Office of Admissions for competitive scores.
- Competitive GPA of a 3.0 overall and in the sciences
- While KCU likes to see a 3.0 GPA, we will review applicants with lower GPA's who show an upward trend throughout their academic career.
- 495 MCAT
- Prerequisite coursework: must be completed with no less than a C and official transcriptions available showing completion by July 1 of matriculation year
- Biological Sciences – 12 semester hours (18 quarter hours)
- Chemistry – 13 semester hours (19.5 quarter hour)
- Physics – 8 semester hours (12 quarter hours)
- Oral and written communication skills
- Supporting documents for an application file
- Additional matriculation requirements if an offer of admission is extended
Additional Admissions Requirements
Test scores are optional for admission to the COB program. If submitting a test score (MCAT, GRE, DAT or other related tests), the test submitted should correspond to future goals/plans for professional school. For example, an applicant who wishes to apply for medical school upon completion of the program should submit MCAT scores. GRE scores must be sent directly to KCU from ETS. Our school code is 6182. For MCAT, DAT or other related tests, you can send a PDF screenshot of your scores to email@example.com. For entry to the class starting in 2023, tests must be taken no earlier than May 2020.