AllianceHealth Durant Family Medicine Residency
Core Site assignments are for year three only. Clerkship placement during year four is based solely on the site’s availability and approval. Students must follow the scheduling protocols outlined by the location and the Clinical Education Guidelines.
The Family Medicine Residency Program at Alliance Health Durant, in conjunction with Oklahoma State University College of Health Sciences (OSU-CHS), Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (KCU-COM) and the Osteopathic Medical Education Consortium of Oklahoma (OMECO), are committed to providing comprehensive, rural-based, community-oriented primary care to our patients. This program was conceived in 1997 and has provided an outstanding training experience for residents in family medicine.
As of July 2022, we have proudly graduated 77 residents over 25 years and estimate our graduates have provided more than 1,000,000 patient encounters specific to rural America. Our faculty, staff and residents are committed to training high quality physicians to practice in rural communities. This is our life, it is our passion and it is our mission.
- Family Medicine
- Osteopathic Medical Education Consortium of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma State University College of Health Sciences
- KCU College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Total Beds - 138
- Admissions - 6,910
- ER Visits - 27,103
- Births - 1,792
- Inpatient Surgery - 1,046
- Outpatient Surgery - 4,092
- DOs on Staff - 51
- MDs on Staff - 118
- Behavioral Health (1 month) - Outpatient
- Child and Adolescent Health (1 month) - Outpatient
- Family Medicine (1 month) - Outpatient
- Internal Medicine (2 months) - Inpatient/Outpatient
- Surgery (2 months) - Inpatient/Outpatient
- Women's Health (1 month) - Inpatient/Outpatient
This site schedules clinical experiences in one month increments.
These are clinical experiences completed in addition to the third-year core clerkships. The student may have some ability to choose from a list of available selective clerkships. The Core Site determines the selective clerkships available based on the resources at the Core Site. If applicable, selective opportunities will be communicated to students at the core site’s discretion after the match.
Selective clerkship opportunities are not available away from the Core Site during the third year. Exceptions to this policy may occur for students officially enrolled in the Military and Global Health Tracks or completing third-year selective(s) away from the Core Site as part of the Specialty Track requirements.
- Family Medicine
Resources & Benefits
- Facility Resources: Students will have access to the computers, internet, lounge, medical library, medical records, phones and printers while on duty at the hospital
- Meal Benefits: Meals provided to students while on duty
Duties & Opportunities
- Student Duties: Students are required to participate in daily rounds and weekend rounds as assigned by the site, preceptor or service
- Didactics: Students are required to participate daily
- OMT/OPP Opportunities: Students are required to participate in opportunities for skill development in OMT/OPP bi-weekly and quarterly
Unique Site Characteristics
- Background check and drug screen required annually
- BLS and ACLS certifications must be current
- Emergency Medicine clerkships - only available to core students assigned to this site
- Orientation provided on the first day of the clerkship
- Personal Statement for DME/KCU RAD must be submitted for Clerkship Site Match
- Prefer students interested in matching to Durant Family Medicine residency
- TB Mask Fit provided on-site
- TB screening required annually (only two-step skin test or blood test accepted)
- Unable to accommodate Global Track or Military Track requirements during year three
Once the Clerkship Site Match is finalized for your class, KCU Clinical Education will notify students when contacting clerkship sites directly is permitted.
- Contact Clinical Education
- Core Site Contact: Chris Humble
- Director of Medical Education & Program Director: Tiffany Ferguson, DO