The KCU-GME Consortium Faculty Development Program is designed to support the personal and professional growth of our medical educators. This comprehensive program empowers faculty members to achieve their fullest potential, create vibrant learning environments, and contribute to the mission of the consortium in a meaningful way.
The ACGME requires Residency Program Directors and GME Faculty to participate in annual faculty development activities. All KCU GME Program Directors and GME Faculty members must complete the activities outlined below no later than June 30, 2023.
- American Medical Association (AMA) modules:
- Modeling a Supportive Learning Environment
- Facilitating an Effective "Residents as Teachers" Program
- Prioritizing Wellness for Yourself and Others
- Supporting Resident Well-being
- Identifying and Applying Wellness Strategies
- Health Care Quality: Measuring Physician Performance
- Patient Handoffs
Optional faculty development opportunities include:
- TeachingPhysician.org (contact GME@kansascity.edu for login information)
- AAMC Exploring Unconscious Bias in Academic Medicine
- Diversity and Inclusion in GME — Realities, Challenges, and Solutions (must sign up for ACGME Learn account to view)
- KCU GME Grand Rounds
- KCU Annual Homecoming Presentations
- IHI GME Development courses
- Implicit Bias: Conscientious Interventions to Tackle the Elephant in the Room (must sign up for ACGME Learn account to view)
- Providing Effective Feedback: Pitfalls and Pearls
- Teaching by Observation: How to Improve Residents’ Skills
- Teaching Learners How to Speak Up Effectively
For additional information and access, please contact KCU GME at firstname.lastname@example.org.