Voices and Stories
This page is dedicated to the voices that have helped to create the KCU Diversity, Equity and Inclusion story: students, faculty, staff, alumni, partners and visitors.
KCU Voices and Stories of Diversity
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Monthly Video News
KCU's Diversity, Equity & Inclusion monthly video news provides updates on the university's DE&I efforts, and provides helpful and educational information on our monthly observances borrowed from the Library of Congress. (Watch all issues of the video news below.)
Monthly Observances in 2022
- January: Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Jan. 18)
- February: African American History Month
- March: Women’s History Month and Irish-American History Month
- April: Celebrate Diversity Month and Religious Holidays (Easter, Passover, Ramadan)
- May: Asian and Pacific Heritage Month, Jewish-American Heritage Month and Harvey Milk Day (May 22)
- June: LGBTQ+ Pride Month and Juneteenth (June 19)
- August: Women’s Equality Day (Aug. 26)
- September: National Hispanic Heritage Month
- October: National Disability Employment Awareness Month and LGBTQ History Month
- November: Native American Heritage Month
- December: Human Rights Month; Human Rights Day (Dec. 10)
KCU Voices - Submit your Story
At KCU, we are proud of our culture that celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion. Every voice is important, and helps to shape our culture, just as every experience we have shapes our world view.
What obstacles of diversity, equity and inclusion have you overcome? What inspires you? What have your experiences taught you?
You can participate in our story-telling effort by sharing a story or content that captures your experience with diversity, equity and inclusion. Email email@example.com to submit your story.