- Abstract limit is 350 words maximum
- Abstract must be:
- All abstracts submitted must be original work and must be previously unpublished work, however, abstracts presenting findings or novel analyses that are not included in a full publication may be submitted.
- Encore abstracts (present the same research findings at more than one conference) are permitted.
- Only original material should be submitted, and no literature reviews are accepted, except with new research/development content, proposed theory, and/or hypothesis.
- Commercial abstracts, abstracts with no new research/development content, and abstracts with proprietary restrictions will not be accepted.
- All abstracts must be scientific in nature and without inclusion of commercial messages or inappropriate references to specific products, services, commercial concerns, or political messages.
- Abstract structure
- The title should be in lowercase letters with only the first word capitalized. EXAMPLE: Temperature dependence of ionizing radiation effect on dry preparations of bacterial enzymes.
- Author and co-authors institutions must be identified.
- The body of the abstract should be single-spaced. Tables, graphs, and structural formulae may not be included, although simple mathematical formulas are acceptable.
- Abstract categories are:
- Basic Science
- Clinical Science
- Medical Education
- Health Service Psychology
- Quality Improvement
- Case Reports
Poster Upload Deadline for KCU affiliates:
Monday, March 20, 2023 by 11:00pm**
**Any poster not uploaded by this deadline is the responsibility of the presenting author to print at their own expense
- All KCU affiliates must use the KCU templates for posters. (See download options below).
- For KCU affiliates the symposium will provide a portal to upload your poster for printing (further interaction will be provided later). Non-KCU posters are the responsibility of the presenting author.
- Maximum poster dimensions are 4’X6’ max. KCU printed poster are 48X36 inches in dimensions (use KCU templates).
- Poster presenter will be notified about the day and location of the poster. Only one poster>one location>one session will be allowed. No duplicate posters will be allowed.
- Poster figures must be clear of blur/distortion and the fonts must be legible from a standing distance.
- Posters must include Title, Authors, and Affiliations.
- On the day the poster you will be provided with your symposium ID card that must be displayed by your poster.
- Poster must be on display on the morning of the poster specific day (by 10 a.m.) and taken down by the end of the day (no later than 5 pm).
- Poster presenting author must be present for at least 1 hour by their poster from 1-2 p.m. on the specific poster day.
Research Poster Templates
Download KCU Research Template - Horizontal
Download KCU Research Template - Vertical
Download KCU Research Symposium Template
Live (podium) presentations
- Time: 12 minutes total, 10 minutes for presentation and 2 minutes for questions. You must finish on time, or you will be asked to leave the podium for the next speaker.
- Speakers will be provided with a portal to upload their presentations a head of time.
- Presentations must be in a Microsoft PowerPoint format.
Summer Students Research fellowship (SSRF) recipients
- All SSRF recipients are required to present at the symposium. 2:15-5 p.m. on April 4th, 2023.
- All SSRF presentation are live presentations, and no posters are required.
- Presentation time is 12 minutes total, 10 minutes for presentation and two minutes for questions. You must finish on time, or you will be asked to leave the podium for the next speaker.
- All SSRF are expected to attend the closing and award lunch.
COM 3rd and 4th Year students on clinical clerkship rotations residing outside KC or Joplin areas
- We recognize that it will be difficult for you to attend in person so we will provide virtual presentation.
- There is an option for you to select during the registration and submission.
- The presentation will be 5 min and 2 min questions.
- The presentation must be in a PowerPoint format and contain only 7 slides.
- You will be notified of the times and date of the presentation.
KCU GME Consortium residents
- Please contact: Jacob Hunter, GME@kansasciy.edu for any questions/ inquiries regarding your submission.
- All KCU GME Consortium residents’ presentations will be virtual.
- Abstract instruction
Original research and quality improvement projects should contain the following labeled sections:
- Materials and Methods:
Case Reports should contain the following labeled sections: